Pizza. It’s hard to get as immense as that really, especially when you’re feeling in need of a little treat. What if I told you we’ve got a little cheeky healthier version that you can enjoy guilt-free? Well we DO! Hoorah!
Not only is it a healthy alternative to the stodgy standard, it’s also cheap and seriously easy to bake too. In fact, it only takes a matter of minutes.
Never did I think I would come across healthy, cheap, fast food that actually tastes incredible.
Right, let’s get down to business.
For the pepperoni and chilli version I made in the above picture, this is what I used (I don’t like measurements, it clinicalises the creativity of cooking if you ask me, so be adventurous).
1 large wholemeal tortilla
About a third of a small carton of passata
2 table spoons (ish) of tomato purée
6 or 7 pepperoni slices
About a 1/4 of a pepper, chopped
A couple of handfuls of grated mozzarella cheese
1 medium chopped chilli
How about’s telling us how it’s done?
- Right then, here we go.
- Preheat the oven to about 200C.
- Place the tortilla wrap flat on a baking tray.
- Mix the purée and the passata together in a little bowl and then spread on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle your cheese on top and then scatter your toppings to suit your taste (the more the better if you ask me).
- Pop in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, but keep an eye on it, that tortilla is mighty thin, you don’t want to burn it now.
- Take out, slice, and enjoy!
How much will it set me back?
OK, so I’ve done the hard bit for you and worked out how much this meal will cost – remember, you’ll have the bits left for other meals and some are essential cupboard items. Handy!
This week we went to ASDA:
- ASDA Tomato Puree (142g) – 38p
- ASDA Chosen By You Passata (500g) – 50p
- ASDA Pepperoni – £1
- ASDA Chosen By You Grated Mozzerella Mild (250g) – £2
- ASDA Chosen By You Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps (x8) – £1
- ASDA Mixed Peppers (x3) – £1
Grand total = £5.88
If you made 8, that’s only 74p per pizza!